Sunday 23 February 2014

Austrian Dragoons

This weekend I finished basing this regiment of 15mm Austrian dragoons - painted as the 2nd Chevaux-légers of Prinz Friedrich Xaver Hohenzollern-Hechinge.  Although some sources suggest that the facing colours were dark green I've gone with those who record that they were bright red (because I like the artistic contrast).  

I'm not 100% certain of the figure manufacturers.  Don't think they are AB; I'm therefore plumping for Old Glory.  This is a symptom of having stacks of unpainted lead sitting in drawers for years... 

In Napoleon's 1809 campaign the regiment fought in the Tyrol as part of the Austrian 8th Corps.

As per usual the figures were sprayed matt white and painted in acrylics with a gloss varnish









No comments:

Post a Comment